What is and isn't considered a late pill?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
saphira2013
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect things with hedgehogs
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Funky

What is and isn't considered a late pill?

Post by saphira2013 »

Hi Scarleteen!

First of all, I'd like to thank you for having been the stepping stone that for me from being a sex ed ignoramus to a more self aware and informed person. It's great not having to freak out every time I have sex or my body goes a little wonky now that I know how it works.

However, a bit of sound advice is always welcome. You see, I'm abroad and only have my pill sheet without the leaflet, so I have a small query. I'm on Yaz which i take between 6-9am every morning. This morning, because we started trekking really early I only remembered to take it when we got back to the hotel at 8pm (first late pill in over a year ughhhh). Now, this falls into the 12 hour late zone, because it's considered missed only after 24 hours, right?
So I had an odd thought which I'm not sure if I can phrase it correctly. If 12 hours is late and 24 hours is missed, what is the pill considered between the 12-24 hours? Any extra precautions that should be taken? I've got 4 more days on the active pill before the sugar pills start.

Many thanks!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: What is and isn't considered a late pill?

Post by Heather »

12-24 hours is late. In other words, anything after 12 hours is late, anything after 24 is missed. Make sense?

And no, with a late pill, there's nothing you can do save to use a second method -- always what is most effective at preventing pregnancy anyway -- like condoms if you want extra protection.

And what a sweet, wonderful thank you! So appreciated! :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
saphira2013
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect things with hedgehogs
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Funky

Re: What is and isn't considered a late pill?

Post by saphira2013 »

Makes fantastic sense! Can't believe I didn't figure it out myself o.o walking 125 km in 5 days isn't easy and messes with your brain!! (Totally worth it though!)

You're very welcome! You've been here for me and each and every person who has needed advice all these years! <3
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic