Will fingering myself hurt?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Bourdie
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Straight

Will fingering myself hurt?

Unread post by Bourdie »

Hi there

I'm a 21 year old female virgin and I'm curious to know if fingering yourself hurts? I do masturbate already, mostly with a vibrator but just on the outside. Never anything penetrative before. I dunno why I'm so apprehensive about it. I tried a few times but I couldn't follow through because I felt like I was going too far.

I've had self-esteem issues for as far back as I can remember (which I'm working on and are improving a lot) and one of the things I felt needed working on was being comfortable with/exploring my own body. It's weird to explain, I crave and fantasise about sex RIDICULOUSLY often (it got so bad the other day that I had phone sex for the first time with a guy I know, which was weirdly empowering) but the thought of a guy touching me in real life makes me cringe.

But anyway, I've been feeling like my vibrator isn't satisfying me enough anymore and I want something more without actual sex (something I think I'm not really ready for). Any advice?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Will fingering myself hurt?

Unread post by Heather »

Not sure what you mean by "actual sex," but no, when someone is aroused, lubricated adequately, and wants vaginal entry, and goes about it gradually, only doing what feels good, pain is not typical.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Bourdie
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Will fingering myself hurt?

Unread post by Bourdie »

Sorry for my terminology there by "actual sex" I meant penis-in-vagina sex. That's the kind that the thought of doing makes me stress. Thank you for the advice!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic