Generic pills

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Justwondering
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Generic pills

Unread post by Justwondering »

Hello...I am back to ask another question because you were all helpful last time.

I have been on mono linyah for years. I went to the pharmacy to pick up my new pack and was given norgestimate ethinyl ethinestradiol made by akorn inc. The person at the pharmacy said it was the same thing, they just don't carry mono linyah anymore. I spoke to another person who said to use back up when switching brands.

What should I do?
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Generic pills

Unread post by Eddie C »

Is okay to trust your pharmacist as they have all the information needed when it comes to medications. Switching brands (as long the active ingredients are the same) is not going to change the efficiency of the pill. For what I can see those pills are the same so is safe to think that you can continue their use without any problem.
Justwondering
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Unread post by Justwondering »

Ok thanks. Would you recommend backup for 7 days of just continue as I would if it was mono linyah. From what I understand, they're both generics.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

If it would make you feel more comfortable to use back-up that's always an option, but given that there's not going to be a gap in the coverage you wouldn't need back-up in the same way you would when first starting the pill.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic