Withdrawl bleed question

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Peachy52
not a newbie

Withdrawl bleed question

Unread post by Peachy52 »

Hello! So I am on BC pills and am very good about taking them, and have been on them for about 2 years. This month my withdrawl bleed is a little lighter than normal, and mostly a dark brown color. It came on time but lasted only about 3 days instead of my normal 5. I took a pregnancy test about 2 weeks ago and it was negative. Any reason to worry about anything?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Withdrawl bleed question

Unread post by Heather »

Not likely.

With our without a hormonal method like the pill, through a lifetime, there is going to be a good deal of variation with periods or withdrawal bleeds, some just for a cycle or so, others that are more a long-term change or shift from what you were used to before.

But if you're all up-to-date with your basic sexual healthcare like a yearly GYN exam and STI screening, no need for concern. If you're not, that's basic preventative healthcare to keep current with no matter what, even when you've no concerns. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Peachy52
not a newbie

Unread post by Peachy52 »

Okay! That definitely makes sense. And yes, I am up to date on my sexual health care! Thanks :)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Awesome! You're welcome. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic