need advice!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Alexis jeff
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm kind
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Her/she
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

need advice!

Unread post by Alexis jeff »

hi my name is Alexis I want to keep this short as possible but I also want to make sure I get all the info in. I know you guys have a lot of pregnancy scare posts and I apologize in advance for bothering you guys with another but I need your opinion. On June 17 I stopped my birth control thinking it wouldn't matter because I have been planning to wait till marriage. Me and my boyfriend of 4 years ended up having sex on June 21st. His penis went in and out twice without a condom and that was it. I know that there is a huge risk without any form of birth control. the next two weeks I experience headaches and fatigue. That ended but I has a tight feeling in my stomach about two weeks after and became bloated and continue to bloat every time I eat. About 4 weeks after that night my nipples were sore for about two weeks and I had what seemed to be a period. I has heavy bleeding for about 2/3 days followed by light bleeding. What really scared me was that I has heavy white discharge right after my period when I usually have a dry spell. For the past 5 weeks I have taken 12 pregnancy tests, all have came put negative. I had a blood test done 6 weeks after the night of intercourse and that came out negative. I also had an ultra sound done 6 weeks after to check for cysts and asked the tech to check for pregnancy and she showed me my uterus and explained that there was nothing there. I know I sound crazy and I'm sure it's my anxiety but I can't shake the feeling that I am. My nipples have become visibly darker, I have cramps almost everyday, I have to pee every 20 minutes and I have a ton of discharge. I'm sure it would've shown up somewhere but I keep reading online that some people get negative blood tests but I know you can't trust the internet. Again sorry I know I sound crazy but I would just like to know your opinion. Thank you!
Onionpie
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Absolutely Everything
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: fluid

Re: need advice!

Unread post by Onionpie »

Hi Alexis jeff. Taking 12 pregnancy tests, blood tests, as WELL as having an ultrasound, all of which gave negative results, yet STILL being anxious about this? Says to me you are very clearly struggling with some serious anxiety issues, and there really isn't anything we can do for you here. We emphasize that when it comes down to it, no matter what we say, a pregnancy test will give you a reliable answer -- you've taken twelve of them. You've also consulted a healthcare provider, and STILL are uncertain about this -- a healthcare provider's word is BETTER than ours, because they are there with you in the room and can perform tests (like an ultrasound) that we can't. So if you're finding that you still can't shake the fear that you're pregnant, even after such a huge amount of various tests, nothing we will say can make you feel better, because it's obviously just so far beyond that now. Going forward, all we can really give you around this is information about what can and can't cause pregnancy, all of which can be found here:

This Is Your Pregnancy Scare Answer

and the strong recommendation that you consider seeking some mental healthcare with this. When someone has such unrelenting anxiety, it can really affect their mental well-being as I'm sure you know already: you're clearly pretty unhappy about this, and spending a lot of time (and money) worrying and checking for symptoms. A mental healthcare provider, like a counsellor or therapist, will be able to help you learn how to cope with anxiety and to help keep it from building so much. If you're not sure where to look for a mental healthcare provider, you can talk to your doctor about this and they will likely be able to recommend someone. A guidance counsellor at school may be able to work with you on this, but if not they will also know some counsellors they can refer you to.

And on a final note -- if you know websites that talk about how women were pregnant even with negative test results make you anxious, then you really need to NOT go to those sites. There are many websites that are completely unreliable, especially when absolutely anyone can post their stories on there. So, because you know that those sites heighten your anxiety, the best thing for yourself would be to avoid going to those sites, as they just make you feel worse. Okay?
Alexis jeff
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm kind
Pronouns: Her/she
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Unread post by Alexis jeff »

I completely agree. I know it all comes down to my anxiety. I already see a psychologist to hel" with some general anxiety that I have and I will discuss this with her when I see her next. Thank you for your time and your response I really do appreciate it!
Onionpie
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Absolutely Everything
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: fluid

Unread post by Onionpie »

No problem! I'm really glad to hear you're already getting help with your anxiety, that's really excellent :) And your therapist will totally be able to help you out with this, so they're definitely someone to talk to about it! High five for getting mental healthcare! :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic