Late period

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
nokatprotested
not a newbie
Primary language: English

Late period

Unread post by nokatprotested »

Is there any way to induce a period? I've read that taking black cohosh supplements and drinking cinnamon will help bring an irregular period...I'm not sure if that's correct but it won't hurt to try, correct? Or...?
Also, I know I didn't have a risk of pregnancy based on what Scarleteen and several other sites have stated, but do I need to take a pregnancy test before I start taking birth control? I'm supposed to start taking my pills when my next period starts but it just doesn't seem to want to come! If it doesn't come soon I think I'm going to ask my doctor if I can start my pills anyway...
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Late period

Unread post by Mo »

Attempts to induce a period with herbal supplements really aren't a good idea; it's unlikely to be effective and some people can have negative side effects from herbal supplements. It's safest for your body to just wait it out.

However, since you've mentioned your irregular period, I think it's a good idea to go ahead and check in with your doctor, as I think you and Heather discussed in an earlier post, to see what they recommend in terms of when to start if your period hasn't come soon; you can certainly ask about a pregnancy test then, although without a risk it's likely they'll say that testing isn't necessary.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic