Period missed, is it the BC, or a legitimate pregnancy scare

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
emr1113
not a newbie

Period missed, is it the BC, or a legitimate pregnancy scare

Unread post by emr1113 »

Hi, I understand that you recently posted an article relating to risks of pregnancies, and my experience fell in the "no risk" zone. However, my girlfriend is about 1.5 weeks late on her period, so its causing me to worry. Let me explain my situation. A little less than a month back, my girlfriend and I were "fooling around". It got to the point of mutual masturbation/ manual sex. I was fingering her, and at points I think I was also masturbating myself, and she may have helped(I really can't recall). I have no visible precum, ever, so I'm assuming even in the scenario that either her or I touched my penis, nothing would've been transferred. She has very irregular periods, something that worries me a lot. Not only this, but a few days after this event, she was given the shot(depo provera). I've read that it can cause absent periods entirely, and that's what I'm assuming is happening. I could just use some assurance that this is no worry, and that its definitely the depo. This is also her first time on any kind of birth control, by the way. Please get back to me on it:)
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Period missed, is it the BC, or a legitimate pregnancy s

Unread post by Karyn »

You've evaluated your risk correctly, and given that your girlfriend has just started a method of birth control known for causing changes in the menstrual cycle, and has irregular periods anyway? No cause for concern.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
emr1113
not a newbie

Unread post by emr1113 »

Thank you very much for the confirmation :)
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Karyn »

You're so welcome. :)
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic