Ovulation bleeding?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
hedera
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Ovulation bleeding?

Unread post by hedera »

Hello!

I have a question about ovulation bleeding. So, according to my calendar, yesterday was supposed to be my ovulation day. I know period trackers aren't always accurate about that, but sometimes I have some brown/light pink spotting around my calendar ovulation dates, so I believe it's at least in the right ballpark.

So about 10 minutes ago I finished masturbating. As I went to wash my hands, I saw some brown discharge, so I assumed it was my regular ovulation stuff. However, I also noticed a small clump of bright red blood on my fingers. A little concerned, I sat down to wipe, just to check the discharge since it didn't look normal. The first time I wiped, a HUGE dark lump of blood was on the paper (almost black) surrounded by bright red blood.
I was a bit freaked out at that point since I never had spotting that dark during ovulation, and plus it was really quite big. Usually, I would get - at most - some light brownish stains on my underwear and that's it.
After that first wipe, I wiped about 3 more times. The second wipe still had dark/bright red blood on it, and the last 2 got progressively lighter. The last one was a light orangey pink.

My main question is, does this sound normal to you? Should I be worried since I've never experienced clumps of dark red/black blood outside of my regular period?

And another question on the side, just in case. My partner (M) and I had sex on the 12th of April (so about a week ago). The condom seemed intact with no obvious holes, leakage or tears. Do you think there's a possibility of this being implantation bleeding? I don't know too much about it, so I'd rather ask just in case.

Thank you in advance for answering!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Ovulation bleeding?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Hedera,

Since this came around the time you expected to be ovulating, and you know that ovulation bleeding is something you tend to experience, I would assume that that's exactly what it is. Ovulation bleeding, like menstrual flow, can have at least a little variation to it without it being a sign of anything wrong.

Too, with condoms, if they break it's going to be obvious (one or both partners may actually feel it happen), so you can assume that you had protection from the condom during that instance of sex.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic