Very panicked over this! Please please help.

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
lutshaha
Pronouns: she/her

Very panicked over this! Please please help.

Unread post by lutshaha »

So on september 2022 my ex partner fingered me and i was afraid that he had precum on his hands. after that i’ve got all my periods and negative tests, also had a checkup in feb with an ultrasound showing no problems but i saw posts where women did not detect pregnancy until they went into labour. that got me really worried, is that even possible? and am i in the clear or should i visit my doctor again?
Sofi
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Very panicked over this! Please please help.

Unread post by Sofi »

Hi there, welcome to the boards. If he had precum on his hands the chances of pregnancy are extremely small, especially if it had been on his hands for more than a few minutes. On top of that you got your period and had negative pregnancy tests AND an ultrasound, so you shouldn't worry about a current pregnancy. It sounds like this is giving you a lot of anxiety, though. Would you like some resources on helping manage pregnancy anxiety?
lutshaha

yes definitely, resources would be helpful. i also wanted to ask:
its been about 7-8 months since i engaged in anything sexual, can it be possible for a pregnancy to be hidden for that long? i saw some posts about cryptic pregnancy and not knowing until labour pain, is such a thing real?
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Latha »

Hi Lutshaha! Here are some resources: To answer your question- not knowing for that long is very, very unlikely. When it does happen, it is often because the pregnant person didn't have enough knowledge about what pregnancy symptoms look like, or because they were very out of touch with their body.

I hope these resources will help you!
lutshaha

Thank you! I am planning to visit my ob-gyn anyway just for peace of mind as she usually performs an ultrasound as a part of the check up. also grabbed a few home tests to be sure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic