Burning feeling

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
mcguiree1495
not a newbie

Burning feeling

Unread post by mcguiree1495 »

Okay so the past two times I've bad axe with my boyfriend I've felt kinda burning up in my vagina when he's inserting. The first time was a couple days ago and I was on my period. Today I'm not on my period and it still burns. I've had this burning on two different occasions before and it was both different things. 1 was a small trace of a start of a yeast infection. The second one I had Bacterial Vaginosis which I received a medication for along with a medication for the yeast infection. I don't know what's wrong now though and I'm tired of going to the doctor every time I have a burning. What's something OTC I can take or do to improve my "vaginal health" and to also get rid of this burning feeling ASAP? Also what could I do to help prevent? I always make sure he's not going in dry so I don't know what this could be.
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Burning feeling

Unread post by Karyn »

Using over the counter medication when you don't have a diagnosis is really not a great idea. It may not treat whatever it is you have, and it can actually upset the balance of good bacteria in your vagina and lead to another infection. Seeing the doctor, even though it's inconvenient, is your best bet here. And, if you aren't up to date with your STI testing, now would be a really good time to do that too.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic