dry humping? STI transmission?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
kittykatbanana

dry humping? STI transmission?

Unread post by kittykatbanana »

A while back, I was dry-humping a guy who's sexual background I do not know. I had my leggings and underwear on, while he was naked. He was definitely rubbing his penis on my vaginal area, but I am sure he did not ejaculate (not sure about pre-cum though). I did touch his penis with my hand. Also, there was once where he slipped his hand into my underwear (from the back)and he could feel that I was "wet", but I pulled his hand out right away. I had my leggings and underwear on the entire time.

Should I be worried about STI transmission?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: dry humping? STI transmission?

Unread post by Redskies »

Welcome to the boards.

You can find out what risks different activities have in our article: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?. For what you described above, you'll want to look at the sections about dry humping and about manual sex.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
kittykatbanana

Unread post by kittykatbanana »

Both of these activities are considered "low risk" Should I consider getting tested for STI's, or do you think its unnecessary? I apologize if I am coming off as being completely ignorant, this is just the first time for me so I'm a little stressed.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

We do suggest that folks who are sexually active have regular STI screenings; that's something you can generally talk about at a regular doctor appointment. In this case I don't think you need to run out and get tests right away, but maybe now's a good time to get started on that regular testing schedule if you haven't already. You can find out more information about safer sex & testing here: Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic