Need input!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
ceebee

Need input!

Unread post by ceebee »

Good morning!

Okay, so my period is 2 days late...but there is a lot of background information. I had the Paragard inserted on my last period as EC (probably unnecessary as it was protected sex but I was nervous) AFTER taking Plan B. I have been cramping on and off for about a week, and I have been spotting on and off for a day. Bright red blood on the day I was supposed to start my period and it went away. Today is brown discharge. No more cramps as of now. Any clue as to what's going on?

Of course I'm stressing about this which probably isn't making my real period come any quicker. I'd appreciate some insight. :)
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Need input!

Unread post by Karyn »

Plan B can mess with your cycle for a couple of months, and having an IUD inserted can throw things a bit out of whack too. If you like, you can take a pregnancy test, but with a low risk to begin with, Plan B AND an IUD insertion, pregnancy is beyond unlikely.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
ceebee

Unread post by ceebee »

That's what I was thinking but it's concerning that I'm late because my period is usually like clockwork! Would a pregnancy test be accurate at this point?
Onionpie
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Absolutely Everything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: fluid

Unread post by Onionpie »

Hi ceebee. Pregnancy tests are accurate if taken at least 2 weeks after a pregnancy risk, or after a missed period. Since you've said your period is two days late, you may be able to take the test now. Some tests also say they're accurate on the first day of a missed period, so if you read the information on the boxes, that'll let you know for sure when you can take one.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic