The sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
slazaa
Awesomeness Quotient: I am optimistic (:
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She

The sex

Post by slazaa »

:? I am a 17 y/o girl and recently sexually active with my boyfriend and we've had sex about 11 times now. The pain just recently left probably about the tenth time but the one thing that hasn't left is the constant feeling that I just have to pee... I pee before and after but no matter what I am still getting the feeling and it gets in the way. What are some possible reasons that this happens?
Stephanie
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: Social Butterfly :)
Pronouns: She/ her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: The sex

Post by Stephanie »

We have an article that should help you understand this better: It feels like I have to pee during sex. Do I have a problem?.
If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you.
slazaa

Post by slazaa »

So my g spot stimulation could be what makes me feel like I have to pee? Or is it just more common that the bladder gets pressed on during sex
Carmen
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: disco dancing on roller skates
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Carmen »

Hi slazaa,

There is no direct answer for what exactly is making you feel like you have to pee as it is different for everyone, so it could certainly stem from g-spot stimulation and/or pressure on your bladder.
slazaa

Post by slazaa »

Alright I'll do more research. Thank you! :)
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Post by Redskies »

I also wanted to address the part where you said you'd had pain while having sex. By "sex", I'm guessing you mean intercourse, but please let me know if I got that wrong! (When we - and other sex educators and sexual healthcare providers - say "sex", we mean a whole lot of other things besides intercourse: have a look at What's Sex?.)

There's still a lot of messages from the world that say that it's normal for intercourse to be painful, or for some of our first experiences of intercourse to be painful. That's not actually true! Pain during intercourse is a signal that something isn't quite right, and finding and addressing the thing that isn't right solves the pain. For most people, pain during intercourse is because of one or a combination of:
- not already being really turned on and keen to have sex with entry before starting entry
- not having had enough time of other kinds of stimulation that feel very good
- feeling nervous or anxious
- not using extra lubrication, or enough extra lube

Do any of those seem like they might have been the case when you were having pain?

When someone with a vagina is aroused, the vagina relaxes and opens up. That's necessary for entry to feel comfortable and pleasurable. The vagina is a muscle, so if someone's tense, the vagina will probably also tense up and make entry more difficult and painful. And lube is everyone's friend: without enough lube, there's too much friction, and that's usually uncomfortable and painful.

If you'd like, we have lots more info in From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic