Just a little worried

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
cautzmary

Just a little worried

Unread post by cautzmary »

My boyfriend and I were having sex he was about to cum and pulled out. When he finished though he realized that condom broke shortly before he pulled out. I am not on alternative birth control. I believe that I have just reached the "halfway" point in my cycle and may have just started ovulating or hasnt started yet. Should I be worried enough to take emergency contraception?
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Just a little worried

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, Cautzmary. Welcome to the boards. :)

If the condoms broke and you are not using another contraceptive method, the risk of pregnancy is real. If he didn't ejaculate, the risk is lower but still a risk.

If you want to take Emergency Contraception, you can do it. EC works when is taken up to 120 hours after the risk, the sooner the better, of course. Is this something you want to do? Do you need any help figuring out how to get it? If so, just let us know so we can try to help you.

Here I'm going to leave some information about EC: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/sexua ... traception

Hope this helps. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic