what's going on?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
confused123
not a newbie

what's going on?

Unread post by confused123 »

Hello! I've had late periods before but this seems different. Usually I get symptoms like swollen/ sore breasts 1-2 weeks before my period and mild cramping a few days before - this month, 1-2 weeks before my period, nothing. (Over the past 3 months I've had an average 30 day cycle) its now day 36 and I started getting my usual pms symptoms 2-3 days ago.. this makes me feel scared that I'm pregnant

Me and my boyfriend have engaged in manual sex and dry humping with 2 or more layers between us- the time that I'm worried about we were both just wearing underwear + he says he did not finger me with the same hand he touched his penis with - I don't see any way I could be pregnant unless he's wrong -

My cycle has been 30 cycles (average) over the past 3 months, before that it was anywhere from 28-40 days (average 35) tomorrow will be day 37 of my cycle but only 12 days will have passed since the incident I am worried about, can I take a pregnancy test or will it be too soon?
confused123
not a newbie

Re: what's going on?

The test was negative, if I ovulated late or something would this still be accurate?
confused123
not a newbie

I've looked at your pregnancy test article and that says I would need to wait at least 14 days before testing, but "Pregnancy Scared" said I could wait 14 days or until my period was late, whatever came first. Can someone please clarify?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

The best thing to do, when taking a test, is to go by the instructions on the test package as some brands can be slightly different. When you look at packages in a store, they'll all say when they're most effective, so that's the best authority on timing.
confused123
not a newbie

Unfortunately I threw away the box, but the brands website says from the day you expect your period. In that case it doesn't matter that it hasn't been 14 days since the incident, right? (It's been 13)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic