A good way to prevent pregnancy?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Kristina4ka99
Awesomeness Quotient: Being bilengual
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Her?

A good way to prevent pregnancy?

Unread post by Kristina4ka99 »

okay, me and my partner have had sexual intercourse about 6 times, and we have used condoms, to prevent pregnancy, but i am not on any kind of birth control, and luckyly none of the condoms have broken, but i dont want to have any chances of getting pregnant in case it slips or breaks.... and we want to try out having sex without a condom soon, but i am not willing to do that unless im on the pill... i am 17, and i dont think i will have trouble of getting the proper birth control, but i was wondering if its still safe, and i was considering about getting a shot, that should last me for about 3 months... and it should be cheaper in the long run...
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: A good way to prevent pregnancy?

Unread post by Johanna »

Welcome to Sclarleteen, Kristina! Good on you for seeking out information and staying safe. Here are some articles that will give you an overview, and if you have any specific questions we'll be more than happy to answer them for you.
Birth Control Bingo!
Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To
The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic