Misshapen penis after masturbating???

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
transfemandgay
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Pansexual/Aromantic

Misshapen penis after masturbating???

Unread post by transfemandgay »

I was masturbating and I had no pain or discomfort. I was using water based lube that I've used before and was pretty fine. When I got in the shower and started going flaccid the skin might've been sore but that's about it. Then, while showering, I noticed my penis bulges farther than usual at my circumcision scar, just below the head. Again, it doesn't hurt or anything. I don't even think I "broke" my penis. But it is a little firmer at that part than below. And, even now about 30 minutes later it's still there flaccid. It's not discolored, I didn't experience any pain, and I didn't hear a "snapping" sound when I was masturbating. But, I'm still like really really scared and on the verge of a panic attack that I fucked up or something. Is this a normal thing??? Does this happen to a lot of amab people??? Am I going insane and this is just a really minor thing???
transfemandgay
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Pansexual/Aromantic

Re: Misshapen penis after masturbating???

Unread post by transfemandgay »

Well now the entire thing's a uniform size but still swollen. Apparently, there's a thing called "penile friction oedema" where fluid builds up in tissue and causes it to swell. The main causes are penile fracture (nope), STI (haven't had sex in over a year and with only one partner), or too much masturbation/sex too hard. Which considering what I've been up to makes sense... If there's a hard lump that's something called a "lymphocele" where the lymph vessels get blocked. Apparently, this is all generally painless and should go away after a few weeks. The more you learn, huh?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Misshapen penis after masturbating???

Unread post by Mo »

What I'd advise is to just keep an eye on things and check in with a doctor if you do notice pain or that it isn't going away; it's probably also a good idea to either take a break from masturbating until this resolves itself or be very gentle for a bit. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic