It's normal? Or early ejaculation

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Diktator
Awesomeness Quotient: My hair
Primary language: Persian
Pronouns: he/him

It's normal? Or early ejaculation

Unread post by Diktator »

Is it normal to reach sexual arousal without physical touch by just watching sexually stimulating scenes?

I'm 17
Amanda B
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm an excellent cook!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: still figuring it out

Re: It's normal? Or early ejaculation

Unread post by Amanda B »

Hi Diktator,

Yes, it's completely normal to experience arousal while watching sexually stimulating scenes without any physical touch. As long as everything is consensual and not causing harm, this is a perfectly healthy sexual experience. You can read more about the relationship between physical and mental arousal in our article The Great Arousal Mismatch: When Bodies and Brains Don't Line Up.

I'd also recommend checking out our article on anatomy. I particularly think the section discussing the brain's role in sexual response could be helpful. I'll leave you with a key takeaway from the article, titled With Pleasure: A View of Whole Sexual Anatomy for Every Body:
No matter what other parts of our bodies are part of what’s going on with us sexually our brain is our biggest, most important and most active sexual organ.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic