Lesbian? Bi?

Questions and discussion about your sexuality and how it's a part of who you are as a person.
Susan
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My face
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her, They/them
Sexual identity: Bi/Pan

Lesbian? Bi?

Unread post by Susan »

I don't know what I identify as anymore. I know I'm gay, but I think I like boys too. How did you know you were gay/bi?
“I have spoken.” - Kuill, The Mandalorian
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: Lesbian? Bi?

Unread post by Siân »

Hey Susan,

You know, sexuality is so personal that ultimately only you can say what the right words for you are. It's also not unusual for your sexuality - or your understanding of it - to change through time. It sounds like you know at least one thing pretty confidently: that you are attracted to women, and another piece of the puzzle is starting to float around: you might also be attracted to men and other genders. Does that sound right?

A lot of people describe themselves as queer, bi, or pan because they're interested in more than one gender, though that interest might feel different for different genders. For example, it took me a while to understand that I'm not straight, because my attraction to men feels one way and my attraction to other genders feels another way, but that doesn't mean that one of those feelings is more "real" than the other. Does that make sense?

I thought you might like to read this article too: I thought I was gay but now I'm questioning my orientation
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic