How can I figure out if I'm ace?

Questions and discussion about your sexuality and how it's a part of who you are as a person.
Sky H
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm good at a lot of things
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her, they/them
Sexual identity: I don't like to label it, I just do what feels rig

How can I figure out if I'm ace?

Unread post by Sky H »

So I think that I might be asexual or somwhere on the asexual spectrum, but I'm really confused. I'm not sure if the attraction I feel is sexual, romantic or aesthetic. How do I figure that out?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: How can I figure out if I'm ace?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Sky H,

If you haven't already seen them, these two articles might be helpful starting places, at least in terms of sorting out what kind of attraction you tend to experience: Just the Basics, Ace: An Asexuality Primer, https://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/am_i_asexual.

Too, sometimes it can be tricky to work out what kind of attraction you're feeling because those three categories you described can contain some overlap (for instance, someone may have personality traits that cause you to feel romantic attraction AND sexual attraction). When you've experienced attraction to people in the past (either people you know or people like celebrities), what does that attraction generally feel like? What kinds of thoughts does it generate?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic