Meeting People

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
idk anymore
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a pretty good sense of humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Pan, mostly

Meeting People

Unread post by idk anymore »

Is it possible for people to meet other people during the pandemic without using dating apps because they are all 18+ (unless they aren't 18+ and then tell me about it plz) I'm so lonely and I really need to feel loved, or just wanted, especially right now
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole.

~Morgan Freeman
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Meeting People

Unread post by Heather »

Are you talking about meeting other people in a specific kind of relationship context?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
idk anymore
not a newbie

Well yes and no. I'm pretty sexual. To know someone has enough interest in me to have sex with me is enough to make me happy. Or, at least I think that. I wouldn't really know. Being in a relationship with someone would also be great because then I will feel loved. I feel like everyone deserves to be loved in someway or another, because its a pretty broad term, and my parents certainly aren't fulfilling that role. However, I also recognize that I'm young, and I have my whole life ahead of me, blah, blah, blah. So I would be happy with a true-blue friendship. It doesn't have to be in a romantic context if I felt they were actually a really really good friend that I can rely on.
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole.

~Morgan Freeman
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

If you're looking to connect with people and get to know them, something that can help is to look for online communities centered around a hobby or interest of yours. That way, you have a common starting point when getting to know people, and you're getting to talk about or engage in something you like while also making friends.
idk anymore
not a newbie

Good idea!

~Morgan Freeman
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic