I've never been turned on and i dont feel anything from masturbation

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
kindofannoying
Awesomeness Quotient: i can remember really unimportant stuff for years
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight female

I've never been turned on and i dont feel anything from masturbation

Unread post by kindofannoying »

Im 16 years old and ive never been turned on at all, atleast i dont think i have. I was put on medication for anxiety at 11 and i recently got off of it a few weeks ago, ive read that it can mess with your sex drive (it was an SSRI). I have tried clitoral stimulation but it either feels like nothing or it feels painful/uncomfortable, ive tried penetration but i dont feel anything either. Does clitoral stimulation only feel good if youre turned on? and how can i make myself turned on.I know im not asexual because i have an interest in sex but i just dont experience being turned on or aroused. Is there something thats wrong with me because i dont feel pleasure from clitoral stimulation?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: I've never been turned on and i dont feel anything from masturbation

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi kindofannoying,

SSRIs can indeed have sexual side effects like decreased arousal, so you may notice some changes as you continue coming off that medication. Too, you're smack in the middle of puberty right now, which is a time when a lot of people notice changes in their sex drive.

You're also right that if you're not aroused, clitoral stimulation is unlikely to feel good. Our brains are our biggest sexual organ, so if they're not engaged in what's going on, it usually doesn't feel like much (there are also some people who don't enjoy clitoral stimulation when they are turned on, because different bodies enjoy different things).

In terms of how to generate arousal, have you seen this article yet? If not, it's a really good starting place, as it walks you through different things to try: How to Approach Sexual Fantasy and Desire on Your Own Terms.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic